Saturday, July 21, 2018

July 21, 2018 Weekly Summary

In many ways, this week has sped by and dragged along. But I find that is more the norm as I get older. Here are my thoughts on this past week in brief form.

Last Sunday Worship
I was very thankful that after two weeks of battling a nasty virus, I was not only able to attend worship but was able to play and actually sing with the worship team! It was a prayer answered!

Health
Again, I've been recuperating from the virus little by little each day. Slow but steady progress. Arthritis in my right shoulder is better as long as I do the exercises. But it has been giving me a little more grief in my left knee. The heat of the summer really saps my strength and motivation to do most things. I long for the winter weather badly. But all in all, a pretty good week.

Russia
I do not believe:
- Trump believes Putin over our intelligence agencies.
- That Putin is blackmailing Trump.
- That is is bad to open relations with Russia. All of the past presidents believed the same thing. It is on record.
- That Trump is not putting America first.

I do believe:
- That both sides of the political spectrum jumped way to too many conclusions much to fast in their analysis and rhetoric.
- Trumps biggest error, and it was a big one, was in his communicating.
- There is such a thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome, and many of his haters are deeply infected.

Sanctions
This is a tough one. Trump is playing hardball with the goal of a huge win for the US. As a successful businessman, I do trust his process and instincts. Unfortunately, it's going to cost us a little in the short run. But I think it will be worth it in the long run. 

Anthem kneeling
Initially, I was in the "make them stand" camp. But then an old friend said to me something like, "If you want mandatory standing for the national anthem or flag, move to North Korea." I think that's a very good point. So here I am now:
- The NFL is a private business. It should be completely up to them what they make mandatory or not. Whatever they decide, let the response of the fans be what they may be. 
- The president and all other politicians should stay out of it. The issue should not be politicized. 

Missouri boat accident
This just hurts on all fronts. I have been following this but not too closely. This, above all other events, should not be politized. And since there are so many in our country that do not believe in God, I will be praying extra hard for the families of those lost. 

I'm sure there are other issues that I'm forgetting about. But this is good enough.

And here are some Poli-Toons I've been saving up.




























No comments: