Sunday, February 02, 2020

Ten Albums In Ten Days - Day 4

Ten Albums In Ten Days That Changed You 
 or hold significant meaning for you. 


 Day 4 - “This Year’s Model” - Elvis Costello (1978) 

Elvis Costello’s second album came out just months before my high school graduation. It was my introduction to the new wave genre which, at the time, could only be found played college radio stations at the time (WFSU, anyone?). My late must mentor at the time, Skip Parvin, played this album for me to show off his massive component stereo system. The album and sound system blew my mind. Always in search for new and different sounds in music this pointed me in a whole new direction. A direction I pursued vigorously for decades to come. His early catalog continues to be a favorite of mine. 

 Favorite tracks: "Pump It Up", "Hand In Hand", and "Lip Service".

No comments: