Thursday, February 06, 2020

Ten Albums In Ten Days - Day 8

Ten Albums In Ten Days That Changed You 
 or hold significant meaning for you. 


Day 8 - “English Settlement” - XTC (1982) 

This one was a HUGE discovery for me. Once upon a time, there was a record store named The Record Bar. And like most record stores at the time, they would play albums on the store-wide sound system. I used to just go and casually hang out just drifting through the record binds and listen to what they played. Normally it wasn’t anything earth-shattering but I liked the environment. One day one of the store employees put on this now-classic. The first song, “Runaways”, caught my ear. I liked it very much. As I hung out, I listened to the entire album. The songs were very different from one another but were still wonderful. Needless to say, I walked out with the album (purchased, not stolen). My ear had been irrevocably changed for the better. 

Favorite tracks: "Runaways", "Senses Working Overtime", "Jason and the Argonauts", and "No Thugs in Our House".

No comments: