Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Ten Albums In Ten Days - Day 7

Ten Albums In Ten Days That Changed You 
 or hold significant meaning for you. 


Day 7 - “Outlandos d’Amour” - The Police (1978) 

“Roxanne”. Possibly the catchiest of all new wave classics. I had just graduated from high school. I was in the middle of my first catastrophic semester at Florida State University (that’s another story). I’m sitting at the dinette table in my parent's house with the radio in the window. Suddenly the song begins to play and everything seemed to stop. I don’t remember if the DJ said anything about the song or not. But it stuck in my head and I couldn’t wait to check the record store for it. My love for The Police wained with each passing album, but their first three albums will always have a special place in my heart. 

Favorite tracks: "Roxanne", "Hole in My Life", and "Born in the '50s".

No comments: